Friday, February 11, 2011

A Patissier's Prayer

I wrote this about two years ago, and published it first on Facebook notes. I would like to share this to you once again.

I need to say this prayer, more than ever.


***I feared for my cookies, my cakes and mousses, so I wrote I prayer for them. For all the hardcore bakers and pastry chefs out there. =) ***

Dear God, I'm baking today
Please let everything go my way
My clients are picky, they want only the best
And they will settle for nothing less

But should my delicate buttercream break,
let the mixer at high speed do the trick
And if my meringues suddenly deflate,
I pray they won't protest against my dense and heavy cakes

I pray that my mousses hold up against the weather
If not, a little gelatin and a lot more prayer
I pray my macarons grow their little feet
Otherwise my menu will not be complete

I pray my chocolates will temper to a snap,
or else my pralines will look like crap
so will my tarts, my bombes, and my cute petit fours
without shiny chocolate, everything's a bore

I pray my souffles will rise as high as they could
Or else my guests will get pudding instead
I pray for all my desserts to be good
Because if a blogger is dismayed, then surely I'm dead

I guess that's it, Lord, I've covered all the bases
I just want to put a smile on people's faces
I pray I won't fail at any of my tasks
If I do, then biscotti, a cigarette, and a whiskey flask!

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...