Monday, February 14, 2011

My First Ever Clients for Valentine's Eve!

I was super excited to deliver the goods to my first ever clients: my aunt and uncle!

Yesterday, they celebrated their 35th wedding anniversary here at the compound. Kuya Ric ordered 60 pieces of assorted cupcakes to be served as one of the desserts during the party. A few days ago, we discussed it casually and settled on a good number of cupcakes to serve during the party. I was set on serving the cupcakes straight from the box until I realized that this was not going to be an ordinary party. Quite a number of guests were invited to the anniversary party (mostly Kuya Ric's from the John Van De Steen male choir), and I only found that out when a caterer started hauling their equipment.

It was a good thing that I went to a cake box supply store somewhere in Sta. Mesa a few days ago where I was able to purchase a cupcake tower. I did not really intend to use the tower for this event, but when I found out what was going to be happening that evening, I was glad I bought it.


I made vanilla, chocolate, banana walnut and red velvet cupcakes for the party. And instead of piping the frostings, I tried my hand at the swirl technique that gives a charming, rustic look to cupcakes. In keeping with the theme, I also used blue and brown ribbon to decorate the cupcake tower.

Not too shabby for the first-ever clients

Red Velvet and Banana Walnut Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting

Vanilla and Chocolate

Banana Walnut Cupcake with Heart confetti


Both the young ones and the young once thoroughly enjoyed the cupcakes, as there were no cupcakes left for my aunt and uncle to take home. We had a great time listening to the John Van De Steen male choir while enjoying the food prepared by my aunt and the huge lechon baka they ordered for the party. Everyone had a good time, veteran actor Tommy Abuel included!

Tommy and me!

**Congratulations Kuya Ric and Ditse on your 35th wedding anniversary!!!**

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! The cupcakes look yummy and inviting... Good job. Glad to see you're being very productive. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...