Monday, April 4, 2011

Back from a holiday, and its Graduation season!

It's been such a busy month that I didn't have time to post anything new on my blog. When you are working all by yourself and juggling chores, meeting clients' demands and trying to get things fixed (oh and squeezing in a holiday in Donsol, Sorsogon!), some things get inevitably pushed to the back burner and I'm very easy to forget. Like I almost forgot I had this blog.

Just a couple of weeks ago, I was able to reconnect with a previous employer and apparently, he needed someone to make desserts and train the kitchen staff for a resort somewhere in Western Visayas. Since this would mean additional income which I could use as capital for my business, I did not dare say no. And as usual, we had very limited time to prepare for a food tasting that was due only a few days after I got in touch with my boss. Not long after that, I was literally running to get everything done in one day for the food tasting that was scheduled only a day after I got the money for the ingredients. Did I mention that I live in Marikina and the food tasting was going to be held at the resort owner's residence in far-away Ayala Alabang? Whew!

My boss' appetizers of shrimp pesto in wonton cups and smoked fish triangles

My attempt at L'Opera

Coconut Panna Cotta with Mango Ice Cream

The set up at the food tasting


Deconstructed? Cheesecake mousse enrobed in white chocolate, on a bed of graham and berry compote
And just recently, I just got back from trip in Donsol, Sorsogon, Philippines where I got to swim with whale sharks.They are amazing creatures and one's trip to Donsol won't be complete without at least one whale shark interaction. It was well worth the aching legs and sore arms, but I was looking forward to a couple of days' rest when I got home.  But being that Graduation season was in full swing when I got home, I soon got orders for cupcakes a day after arriving in Manila. I was so happy that the volume of orders was picking up and that I had enough ingredients to meet that demand. But I admit, I could have used another day just lounging in bed. But like Lyn always tells me, it's a happy problem. Indeed, I'd rather struggle to meet a lot of orders than have no orders to meet at all!

Here's one of the cupcake orders I delivered for a graduation celebration. It was for Charo's cousin who just received her degree in Tourism. She is a big fan of Paris Hilton and pink was the perfect color to use for the frostings and decor.

"That's hot. Loves it!"

Red Velvet cupcakes



Vanilla cupcakes
April is going to be even busier since I will be making desserts and training staff in a resort in Western Visayas for a little while. It's going to be hard work but it is a perfect opportunity to keep my skills in check and to earn a little extra for my business. All in all, March was a great month for The Twin Sisters Bakeshoppe and I can't wait for what April has in store. Just keep the happy problems coming!!!

Congratulations Batch 2011!!!

1 comment:

  1. glad to hear everything's turning out successful!

    i got your stuff... i hope to send them out soon. also got the barong measurements. i know you're busy, pero parang awa mo na. thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...